Thursday, March 6, 2008

Week 8, Semester 2 - Screencasts


Screencasting: hardware
Originally uploaded by Hans on Experience

Screencasts - how did we live without them? As a visual learner, I love them. The instructions sink in on a deeper level when I see the screenshots.

In the library they would be great when patrons need instruction on utilzing certain databases - EBSCOhost, Literature Reource Center and more. As staff, they are great for the CE's that we attend via our PC. Or would these be podcasts? I'm having cast confusion.

1 comment:

PandaLibrarian said...

Hi Amy,

Learning screencasting is something I've been meaning to do for a while - for exactly the reasons you mention. I think demonstrating databases is a great use of screencasting.

About the CEs we already produce on OPAL - I'm not sure which category they fall into. When you play the recording, it plays it like a movie. So maybe it's a vodcast?

Good questions! Keep on playing,

Jean